This is a recreational games web site, and the shop-window of a commercial
word-game and puzzle company, not a front for any form of mailing
We are as concerned as you are about the security aspects of running a
For this reason, we make the following statements and commitments:
For any commercial transactions
we may perform online, your credit card details
are not processed by us, but directly by WorldPay™ one
of the world's leading and most respected e-payment sites.
Your financial details are not stored on our web system.
Your credit card number
is NOT stored upon our web site, nor do we ever receive it.
Financial and related
information sent during registration is protected during
transmission by the SSL encryptions available for the purpose
[hover the mouse over the little padlock that appears at the
bottom of the payments window to confirm this].
We do keep certain
personal information in order to allow us to identify and track
which users are registered for access to which parts of the paid
service. This information is limited to:
We will at all times take
all practical steps to ensure that this information is
adequately protected, and will respond promptly to any reported
breaches or suspected breaches of confidentiality.
The information about you
that we do hold will not be disclosed to any commercial mailing
list source or similar organization.
Information about you
that we hold MAY be released to the prize sponsor of any prize
competition that you enter from this site - such sponsors will
be clearly identified on or near the appropriate competition
- Statistical information with personal information removed may be
produced and provided to our commercial sponsors and other
- If challenged on the fairness or similar issues of prize
competitions, we reserve the right to publish the full names and
addresses of prize winners inside the Subscribers area.
- We will release information we hold to the proper authorities, in
the (unlikely) event that we are presented with suitable legal
instruction to do so.
- We do reserve the right to amend this policy, but will give clear
advance warning of at least one month, on the site, before doing so.
Questions and answers:
- Q) WHY MUST I SUPPLY MY EMAIL ADDRESS AS WELL
AS A SITE ID?
- A) Since your email address is pre-registered with us, if you forget
your password, we can safely create you a new one, and email it to
you - since your email address is pre-recorded, we can be sure that
we are sending it to the right place.
- Q) WHY DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE MY HOME ADDRESS?
- A) If you are fortunate (or skillful) enough to win one of the prize
puzzles, the prize will automatically be sent to your registered
home address. If you do not wish to provide your home
address, do not do so.
- Q) WHY AM I ASKED TO PROVIDE MY AGE?
- A) Certain contests, with higher-value prizes, may only be open to
adult Subscribers (age 18 or over). Such conditions may be
imposed by the bodies donating prizes. You need not provide
this information, but if you do not, you will not be eligible to
enter competitions that have a minimum age requirement. It is
also useful to us to have some understanding of the age profile of
our clients, so that we may make sure that we are correctly
targeting your needs and interests.
- Q) WHY DOES THIS SITE REQUIRE JAVA?
- A) The game playing tools provided on this site are all written in
example, the facility that allows you to click on a crossword clue
number in the clues to select the related answer space in the
- As part of our security system, to avoid you having
to login individually to every page you visit.
- To hold the state that you have reached in each
puzzle, to make it easier for you to continue
working on a puzzle from where you left off.
- We do NOT store any personal information in the
- Q) I HAVE HEARD THAT COOKIES REPRESENT A
SECURITY RISK TO MY COMPUTER - IS THIS TRUE?
- A) In a word, NO. Cookies generally represent no security risk
to your computer, personal information, or the information or files
held on your computer. If you want the details, please
follow this link.
Lexcentrics Ltd specialises in the supply of word games and puzzles - in paper or online - for business use.
For more details, see our Business-To-Business site.
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Lexcentrics Ltd